One Step Closer
So I should be thrilled, right? The repairs were a huge obstacle to getting the house market-ready. But now that they're done, I was surprised to realize that I'm not thrilled. Actually, I'm more stressed now than I was before.
Here's the thing: Everyone knows we want to move. We've -- and by "we've" I mean "I've" -- been talking about it for years. Mary Jane calls me whenever she sees a new "For Sale" sign in Bellevue. Krista calls me whenever she sees a new "For Sale" sign in Ellwood City. People are always asking how we're coming on the house.
And therein lies the rub. Until now I had an easy answer: "We're still waiting on the repairs." And later, "We're still waiting on the repairs." But now the repairs are done. Now it's totally up to us when and whether we move.
And that's stressing me out.
Our house isn't in disrepair. And while it's not the most organized, it's not like we're filthy slobs. I don't think it will take that much time to get everything in order. It's just that there are a lot of rooms to make ready. And a lot of things in each room that need done. I don't work well in this type of situation. Whenever I have a big task like this, I find myself flitting around from task to task. I'll scrub the floor in the hallway, then I'll dust the living room, then I'll organize the closet, then I'll clean the bathtub. . . . As you can imagine, it's not a very efficient way to accomplishing anything. At which point I become more stressed because I'm not making good progress.
So I'm a little nervous about getting the house ready. Before, I could hide behind the repairs. It was beyond our control when we moved, because we couldn't move 'til we had the repairs done, and we couldn't get the repairs done 'til we came up with a couple thousand extra dollars. Not our fault if it took a long time.
But now it will be our fault if it takes a long time. And like I said, that's stressing me out.

1 Comments:
;/ We're moving too.
Or at least that's what I thought.
We started working on the house this last summer, and we worked on it every single day really hard and it took ALL summer to finish, and there's still a ton of little things that we find that needs fixed or painted or something like that. We put it up for sale ourselves in late August. A lot of people came to look at it, but no one bought it. So then we had our friend who is a realtor come and get all the information and we put it up for sale through the realtor, and the same thing happened. So now it's winter, and the house my parents want is a HUGE fixer-upper but they want to buy it (SUPER super cheap) and jsut do the work ourselves, because they say it will be "fun". Chyeahhhh right. So now we're just waiting for someone to like the house enough to buy it, and then move in the Spring when it's wamer out. [[we really don't want to move over the winter]] And I already packed a ton of stuff I didn't think I'd need for a few months, thinking we'd be moving in like 2 months, and here we are. Almost Christmas and still no new house in sight. *sigh*
So, I kind of know why you're stressed. It's really hard keeping the house clean so that if someone happens to want to see the house, it won't take very long to pick it up and have it look good for them to come look at it. I really hope you sell it fast, and find a house that you really love!! : )
~Caity
Post a Comment
<< Home