Lisa's Blog

Take...luck! Take luck and care. Take care of the luck. Good luck taking care of the luck that you might have...if you have luck, take it, care for it. TAKE LUCK CARE OF IN IT WHEN YOU TAKE LUCK CARE OF IN IT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a displaced Southern girl. I once ate eight bowls of Cheerios so I could get the nutrition of one bowl of Total. A friend and I rented movies at Blockbuster because we forgot we didn't have a VCR. When I was nine, I tried teaching my dog to speak – English. Bees don't scare me, but every other type of bug does. I once considered selling my wedding dress for 75 boxes of Girl Scout cookies. My husband and I argue more about punctuation than we do about anything else. Any other burning questions, just ask!

Monday, March 26, 2007

We Lost the Baby

It's been a loooong day. I went the doctor (actually, midwife) today, and she confirmed that I had a miscarriage.

It was a shock -- even with the bleeding and low pregnancy hormones, I still thought everything was going to turn out fine. J. and I were both unprepared by it, and we were pretty upset.

After we'd had time to absorb the news, and cry about it, and pray about it, we began to focus on the positives. This wasn't our first pregnancy, and we hadn't been trying for a long time to get pregnant. Also, it happened so early, before the heart started beating and before we got to feel the baby move or see it on ultrasound or anything like that. And we'd had a few days to prepare for it, instead of going in for a routine appointment and learning that the baby had died. Those are all things to be thankful for.

It also helps to know that when you miscarry this early in the pregnancy, it means something went wrong when the baby was forming, and it wouldn't have been able to survive anyway. There's nothing we could have done to cause this OR to prevent it.

Thanks for your prayers and concern. J. and I are both doing pretty good, and the girls took the news well, although naturally they were sad. Like I said, we're counting our blessings and focusing in the reasons to be thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home