Lisa's Blog

Take...luck! Take luck and care. Take care of the luck. Good luck taking care of the luck that you might have...if you have luck, take it, care for it. TAKE LUCK CARE OF IN IT WHEN YOU TAKE LUCK CARE OF IN IT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a displaced Southern girl. I once ate eight bowls of Cheerios so I could get the nutrition of one bowl of Total. A friend and I rented movies at Blockbuster because we forgot we didn't have a VCR. When I was nine, I tried teaching my dog to speak – English. Bees don't scare me, but every other type of bug does. I once considered selling my wedding dress for 75 boxes of Girl Scout cookies. My husband and I argue more about punctuation than we do about anything else. Any other burning questions, just ask!

Friday, October 05, 2007

House/Puppy Update

Our new house is under agreement!!

We had the inspection this week, and we should get the report from the appraiser early next week. At that point, we re-negotiate with the sellers and see if they'll come down any on price. The house is in great condition, but it DOES need a new furnace. Immediately.

It will probably appraise below the price we agreed on, so between that and the furnace, we're hoping to lower the price a bit. (The house is vacant, but last time we were there, there was a shiny red Mustang Cobra in the garage. I told our agent that if the sellers would leave the car, we'd call it even.)

Worst-case scenario: the sellers refuse to budge on price. In that case, we'll pay the difference. We'd be buying the house for more than it's "worth," but it's worth that to US. It has all the things we need, just about everything we want, and it's a really nice house. Much nicer than anything else we looked at.

So either way, it looks like we're moving at the end of the month!

As for Milky.... *sigh*

She still chews everything. Everything. But she IS bettering better. If we aren't moving, she chews semi-gently on us. It's hard to tell that she's doing it gently because her teeth are so sharp, but it doesn't draw blood anymore, so it's definitely lighter than it used to be. So at least she's improving.

She also sleeps in her crate at night now. Praise God! This came about because one night she was extra-energetic when we wanted to sleep, and J. got fed up and put her downstairs in her crate. Miraculously, she didn't whine or cry! She's slept down there every night since, and now in the evenings, she usually puts herself to bed around 10:30. It's pretty cute! She'll hear us say the word "bed" -- not even talking to her or about her -- and she walks into her crate and lays down.

All in all, things are going well. Please pray that the moving process continues to go smoothly!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sylvia Moore said...

Woohoo, happy for you! Start packing, you're gonna be one busier than usual gal. You've got a lot of nesting to do and that should make time go faster. Glad that Milky has crate trained herself. That will make it easier for her to make the transition to the new house. Keep us posted and I hope we'll see some pics.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home