Our NEW New Puppy
J. wanted to wait until after Christmas to get a new puppy. I must admit, that would certainly have been the most practical solution. Definitely makes more sense than rushing out and getting a new puppy right away.
However, the girls and I all wanted to rush out and get a new puppy right away.
Because my husband is such a good man (and maybe because he was outnumbered, I don't know), he agreed to get one sooner. So two weeks ago -- yes, just a week after we dropped Milky off at her foster home -- we got a cocker spaniel puppy that we named Skippy. We researched a few different breeds before settling on a cocker spaniel, and we made sure to get a puppy from a good breeder so we could guarantee the temperament of our dog.
So Skippy has been here for two weeks now, and we all agree he's the best puppy ever. He's small and gentle, so the girls can play with him without getting tackled and bitten. He's snuggly and loves to be in the same room with us, but he doesn't demand constant attention. And best of all, he's already going through the night without having to be let out! We're still working on the housebreaking, but he's only two months old, so that's to be expected.
Right now, we're not crate training him. I know, I know, bad idea. Please spare me the lectures. We crate trained Milky, and she did great with it. Skippy, not so much. We don't put him in the crate during the day because he's such a good boy. And when we leave, he's actually better if we give him free rein than if we put him in the crate. We may start putting him in the crate during the day, just to help with the housebreaking, but so far we haven't been. I guess we'll see how it goes!
I have some pictures of him on my Flickr account (link to the left), along with new pictures of the girls and a picture of our new house. There are also some random zoo animals on there, because I've been having fun with my camera. I'm still thinking about enlarging some of my animal photos and framing them for Kelly's walls. The ones I uploaded are among my favorites.

1 Comments:
Precious puppy. How is he doing? Will Santa Paws bring him something nice, I'm sure he's been a good boy.
You have a pretty house. I love the color combination. Is there a Christmas tree in the front window? I wish we had a front window. I've always put our tree in the front window when I had one.
Post a Comment
<< Home